Support for Grief & Loss in Troy, Royal Oak & Shelby Township MI Area
The professionals of Gramer Funeral Home understand that the burial or cremation of your loved one is only the beginning of your emotional journey.
How do I explain death to my child?
What should I say to a friend who just lost a spouse?
How can I be sure my family receives the benefits I’ve earned?
Do families of veterans receive benefits too?
How do I plan a funeral?
The subject of death can bring about many difficult questions and we are here to help you find answers. We maintain a collection of resources on site in both our Clawson and Shelby Township locations, available to any member of the community. These resources include:
- An extensive collection of books, brochures, videotapes, and other informative resource materials on topics related to death and bereavement
- Referrals to grief support groups, therapists, and counseling services
- Assistance with questions related to government benefits, pension plans, funeral preplanning, and insurance details
- Funeral preplanning services to give you and family peace of mind
For a profound healing experience, Gramer Funeral Home offers Aftercare Support programs with sessions meeting monthly at each location. Reservations are not required; however, they are helpful. Please know that we are here for you as you cope with your grief.
Aftercare Support groups meet at Gramer Funeral Home in Clawson
from 7:00 – 8:30 p.m. the first Monday of the month.
In addition, we offer a variety of tools online to assist and inform you during your period of grief and loss:
- Grief Library—Articles from experts on a variety of related topics and stories from those who have experienced the path to recovery
- Online Memorials—Create a personal tribute to your loved one for friends and family
- Light A Candle—Light a virtual candle in memory of someone you have lost, in hope for someone you know is hurting, or to send a comforting message to someone special
- Post A Heart—Post a note of love and support to others
- Message Boards—A place to find someone who understands your grieving process in a safe and supportive environment
Visit these pages of our website or contact your grief support professionals at Gramer Funeral Home to find the assistance and resources you need to help you through this difficult time.
Community Grief Support
Gramer Funeral Home professionals also participate in a variety of community events to help educate people on the subjects of death, grief, and recovery and to encourage the celebration of life. Contact us to learn more about available resources, upcoming community events, or if you would like us to speak at a community event.