Cremation Services for the Clawson & Shelby Township Area
Today, many people choose cremation for its simplicity, affordability, and environmental concerns. With cremation as your funeral choice, you may still hold a viewing, memorial service, and a funeral. Many options for a personalized ceremony lend themselves to the cremation choice, including:
- Burial of cremated remains in an urn vault or a columbarium niche for inclusion in a family plot
- Keeping cremated remains in a beautiful urn, scattering them in a special location, or a combination of both
- Placing some of the remains in a keepsake so that several members of the family may keep your loved one close to them forever
- Sending the cremated remains aloft in a bouquet of balloons, making them part of a living ocean reef, or transforming them into a sparkling gem that becomes a family heirloom
There are many beautiful and appropriate commemorative offerings associated with the cremation process. Whatever your vision for an end-of-life ceremony, we are dedicated to assisting you in creating the cremation service you desire.
The professionals at Gramer Funeral Home understand what service really means. Boutique-style service offers the luxury of attention to detail and personalization in every aspect of your arrangements, with reasonable options that make a Gramer funeral affordable to every family.
Our cremation services include:
- Simple cremation
- Cremation services with or without burial
- Funeral, memorial, and graveside services
- Visitations and private gatherings
- Green cremation and burial services for those who want eco-friendly options
- Concierge services at our funeral homes
- Services at the funeral home, church, or other location
- Preservation of prayer cards and obituary notices
- National and international transport of the deceased and out-of-town arrangements
- Filing of insurance claims, pensions, and veteran’s benefits
- Assistance with military honors for veterans and their families
- Meaningful Memories™ and unique personalization offerings
- Aftercare and grief support resources
Our experienced, licensed funeral directors specialize in helping families arrange a cremation service that is both comforting and appropriate. We offer complete funeral, cremation, and memorial services for families of every faith, culture, and lifestyle. Our professional team stands ready to serve you at any hour of the day or night, every day of the year.
Green burial is a way of caring for the deceased with minimal environmental impact and the restoration and preservation of habitat. For those who have a special concern for nature and the environment, this option is respectful and dignified. Traditionally, cremation has been a popular way to approach the concept of a green burial.
Gramer Funeral Home takes pride in offering green cremation options sanctioned by the Green Burial Council. Learn more about this subject and what it means to be a member of the Green Burial Council.
A special way to honor the memory of your loved one is with a video tribute. A video tribute combines photographs with music, scenery, and words to honor the life that was lived. This is shown as part of the service to make the event more personable and memorable. After the service, we provide you with your own copy on DVD for a keepsake remembrance you will always cherish.
Many people who attend a funeral or memorial service may not know the deceased very well, if at all. This is a time to help friends, colleagues, and family members to celebrate what was truly distinctive and unique about this special life. We offer many ways to add that personal touch to your services, including:
- Video tributes
- Memory tables
- Photo boards
- Candlelight ceremonies
- Live music
- Displays of cherished possessions or collections
Our professional team helps you plan and create a funeral or memorial service that truly reflects the life of your loved one.
A LifeGem Ring Setting
Ask us how LifeGems can create diamond jewelry to memorialize your loved one.
Social Security Benefits
Our staff assists you in wading through the often-confusing government paperwork associated with Social Security benefits.
We recommend reading this article from the Social Security website, What To Do When A Beneficiary Dies.
The Veterans Administration Death Pension is a benefit paid to eligible dependents of deceased wartime veterans. Our staff assists you in understanding eligibility and application for military veterans’ benefits.